A genre of book you should not be afraid to sell is children’s books: they are very much in-demand, especially at Christmas time.
It has to be said that most children’s books sell for little money: usually 1p plus £2.80 – a total of £2.81 before Amazon’s fees.
If you are not a Pro-Merchant seller, it’s probably best not to try and compete in selling low-value books.
If you are a Pro-Merchant seller, it is possible to make profits if you follow this plan:
- Buy from charity shops, car boot sales, and school and church fetes. Why? They are usually sold very cheap and as ever, the lower the cost the better your profits.
- Weigh books before listing: ensure it weighs less than 500g. This action ensures you receive some profit.
- Make sure each book will fit easily into large letter type packing. This is because some children’s books are light in weight but are too large to be sent as a large letter. Instead you’ll have to send it as a packet and this increases costs considerably.
- It’s always best to ensure the condition of children’s products: they should at the very least be in the very good to like new category; even better if they are actually new copies. Used books often attract defects, which might attract complaints from buyers.
10 defects to look for before listing:
- previous owners’ names
- stickers e.g. charity shop price labels
- dirty marks
- ripped covers
- sticky covers
- missing CDs
- missing pieces/pages
Books to look out for include:
- Popular current children’s TV shows
- Past children’s TV shows (e.g Rainbow)
- Classic stories e.g. My Naughty Little Sister
Also look for jigsaw/ puzzles, DVDs and CDs.
If you are looking to increase income for Christmas and beyond, consider Copy Paste Profit…
Copy Paste Profit is a 100% online course: this Christmas you could benefit by selling the most in-demand hot products, and you don’t have to purchase a single copy until you make a sale.
- You work or have family commitments and don’t have much spare time to invest.
- You don’t have any spare space to store products.
- Your computer skills are limited.
- You are not sure what to sell or how to do it.
- You don’t have lots of spare cash to invest.
If any of these issues affect you and you would like to make extra income, consider Copy Paste Profit (CPP). This course will show you how to make money from home in your spare time, no matter what time of day that is.
- No need to be a computer wiz kid.No storage of goods.
- No going to the post office to post orders.
- No meeting or speaking to customers.
- No handling goods – ever!!
- No requirement to spend great amounts for investment.
- No boss telling you what to do.
- No reason why you can’t adapt CPP around all other commitments.
- No reason why you can’t get started as soon as you have read the CPP manual.
Copy Paste Profit has been written using a step-by-step process: all you have to so is copy me!
This year, make the decision to make Christmas pay for you: take a look and perhaps CPP will make a difference to your life; it has certainly made a difference to mine. Click here.
Until next week!